- Colliers, managers of the Carriageworks (Create NSW) in Eveleigh engaged O’Briens Services to complete annual height safety certification.
- O’Briens Services attended site and conducted an audit. Several non-compliant items were identified, including access ladders, anchor points, static lines and guardrails.
- Recommendations were made and planning was undertaken to make roof access compliant with regulation involving the replacement of several key assets.
- O’Briens Service’s height safety team installed new ladders, guardrails, static lines and anchor points over a period of 5 months, delivering within time and budgetary constraints.
- As a working public building, access to complete the works needed to consider the activities of the general public. O’Briens worked around the requirements of Carriageworks in this regard.
- Regular communication with all stakeholders ensured everyone was aware of the work at hand.
- Stringent Work Health and Safety documentation, Safe Work Method Statements, and necessary permits were facilitated.