Clocktower Shopping Centre The Rocks
- JLL Group, managers of the Clocktower Shopping Centre in The Rocks discovered an issue with the clocktower located on their property.
- The halyard rope from the flagpole on top of the clocktower had become loose and the clock arms had picked it up. Consequently, the clock stopped working.
- JLL engaged O’Briens to scale the clock tower to loosen the halyard and inspect the clock.
- Access to the clock tower was very limited.
- Upon assessment, O’Briens determined access would be possible by installing anchor points along one of the support columns.
- O’Briens rope access team installed anchor points along the length of the southwestern column in order scale the clock column and provide safe access.
- Regular communication with all stakeholders ensured everyone was aware of the work at hand.
- Once the anchor points were installed, our level 2 rope access technicians abseiled over the top of the clock down to the face. The halyard was untangled, and the clock was reset.
- Stringent Work Health and Safety documentation, Safe Work Method Statements, and necessary permits were facilitated.