University of Technology Sydney
- The Chau Chak Wing building at the University of Technology Sydney is an architectural masterpiece, however, its uneven face makes it difficult to clean.
- Facilities Services Australia required a partner to conduct regular window cleaning for the client and also undertake facade cleaning. The work was tendered to O’Briens to clean the exterior on a 6 month interval.
- With the recent construction of the building, the site had adequate abseil systems in place, making rope access possible.
- O’Briens consulted with all stakeholders to ensure the clean could take place without damaging the facade.
- O’Briens worked to the requested schedule of the client, outside of university hours.
- In order to minimise any damage caused by pressure washing, steam cleaning was used as an alternative method for cleaning the facade.
- Given the uneven nature of the building, rope drops had to be reset more frequently than usual and extra care had to be taken to ensure safe work could be carried out.
- Stringent Work Health and Safety documentation, Safe Work Method Statements, and necessary permits were facilitated.